Monday, January 25, 2010

Time to get lil serious

The great thing about being at MDI is that you can have so many seemingly random discussions which actually lead you to start thinking and changing yourself.

I was sitting at Nescafe with Shrek, Shef, Mitthu and Anup doing bakar, when Anup showed us the presentation that he will be giving for a really prestigious competition. Shrek had just returned from IIM A after reaching the finals of a case study competition. He mentioned that how intensely competitive IIM A was and how great the experience was. He also exhorted me to start participating seriously in the good competitions and not give up any chance that came my way.

That led me thinking very seriously about my commitment to the competitions that I had taken a part in. I guess I never ever took them even a bit seriously. Most of the time I would not even send in an entry after registering for the event. I really need to change this and start participating sincerely. I guess what we can do and think on our own is going to give us a real education. It will not be the textbooks we read or the papers we write. I guess its time to really start thinking about the cases that come up and not just writing faff because I have to. And the prizes are not the primary motivation, I really need to start thinking that is all. My brain is like deep frozen right now.

I also hope that I can form a stable team to take part in these competitions. I guess that is very necessary because it helps build great rapport and the team develops a working style of its own. The two people that I team up with right now, Maddy and Philter are amongst the best on campus and I really hope that we can win some really good competitions.

I guess I really need to start preparing for a year and a half down the line from now onwards itself or else I am pretty much screwed.

cheers

moksha

No comments: